Applicants should FIRST submit an online application at IMEM Program Application System during the designated IMEM Program application period.
Applicants should fill in the application information online, upload the application documents listed below. The application materials are reviewed by an expert group, and the candidates for the comprehensive assessment will be selected based on the review results. Those competent candidates will receive invitations to submit the official online application, together with guidelines on how to submit the official online application, through Tsinghua University Graduate Programs Application System for International Students, and pay the application fee online after his/her application is verified.
1. Application Schedule (Beijing Time)
|1st Round||Oct. 15, 2022 – Dec. 15, 2022|
|2nd Round||Dec. 16, 2022 – Mar. 1, 2023|
|3rd Round||Mar. 2, 2023 -- May 1, 2023|
Note: During the 3rd Round, applicants cannot apply for Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) and Beijing Government Scholarship through Tsinghua University’s recommendation.
2. Application Documents
Please upload all the PDF documents listed below to IMEM Program Application System:
(1) Passport: A scanned copy of passport personal information page (Ordinary passport). Individuals who previously held Chinese nationality and subsequently acquired foreign nationality are required to provide either a Certificate of Cancellation of Chinese Household Registration (Hukou) or a Certificate of Renunciation of Chinese Nationality, or a Certificate of Non-Chinese Nationality issued by a Chinese diplomatic mission/consulate by officially admitted.
(3) Personal statement (The Personal Statement should be filled out in accordance with the requirements of university template)
(4) Degree certificate and degree authentication. A scanned copy of Bachelor’s degree certificate must be submitted. The degree authentication is not mandatory in the online application stage, but it should be submitted before the applicant is officially admitted. The degree diploma awarded by overseas universities should be authenticated by Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange, Ministry of Education, P.R.China. The degree diploma awarded by universities of Chinese mainland should be authenticated by Center for Student Services and Development (CSSD), Ministry of Education, P.R.China.
Applicants who will not graduate before the application deadline shall provide the expected graduation certificate first, and the degree diploma and degree authentication must be submitted before registration.
(5) Academic transcript of undergraduate study must be submitted. Applicants who will not graduate before the application deadline should provide their current academic transcript. In this case, the completed academic transcript should be submitted before registration.
(6) Two academic recommendation letters from scholars who hold the title of associate professor or higher, or senior professionals in a related academic field. (Scanned copy with signature and title)
(7) Transcript of English language proficiency test such as TOEFL or IELTS. This requirement is waived for English native speakers, or the applicant who has a degree in an English-speaking country. For those applicants who have got/will get a degree in a university whose instruction medium is English, they should provide with English proficiency statement issued by the corresponding university.
3. Application Remarks
(1) Applicants are required to submit scanned files of all required documents after his/her application is verified. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise， notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations should be submitted together to the application system.
(2) Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Scans of copies are also not acceptable.
(3) Applying through IMEM Program Application System does not require a payment. Only invited applicants should complete an official online application on Tsinghua University Graduate Programs Application System for International Students and pay the application fee after your application is verified (The application fee cannot be covered by the Chinese Government Scholarship). Please apply online and pay the application fee in a safe place. Tsinghua University is not responsible for any losses caused by your own operation errors or the leakage of your online payment account and password. Please consider carefully before paying the application fee online. If you cannot finish the application due to various reasons, the paid application fee will not be refunded. Regardless of whether the application is successful or not, the application fee is not refundable.
(4) Applications with incomplete documents or without application fee payment will not be processed. Applicants should take the initiative to understand the application procedures and application requirements before applying. The applicant will be responsible for any consequences arising from failure to complete the application process as required.
(5) Tsinghua University has the right to require applicants to provide original application materials or authentication documents issued by a designated institution for further inspection.
(6) As some countries' higher education systems are very different from the Chinese system, applicants from different education systems should refer to Tsinghua University’s online application website for reference.
(7) None of the above application documents will be returned.
(8) If the higher-level department issues a new policy, Tsinghua University will make corresponding adjustments.
(9) Applicants must ensure that the application information, application materials, degree certificate and degree authentication provided are true and accurate. If the admissions unit or certification department verifies that anything in the application is not true, the application, admission or study qualification will be cancelled.
(10) Applicants who are found to be in breach of academic ethics, professional ethics, honesty and trustworthiness, discipline and law-abiding, etc., will not be admitted or admission/study qualification will be cancelled after this breach has been verified.
(11) The relevant information, documents and messages that IMEM Program publish or send to applicants through websites, phone calls, emails, text messages, etc. are deemed to have been delivered. All consequences caused by the applicant’s personal negligence and other reasons shall be borne by the applicant himself/herself.
4. Evaluation and Admission
Tsinghua IMEM program admits students based on evaluation of their application documents together with a comprehensive assessment. The application materials are reviewed by an expert group, and the candidates for the comprehensive assessment will be selected based on the review results.
Those competent candidates will receive invitations to submit the official online application, together with guidelines on how to submit the official online application through Tsinghua University Graduate Programs Application System for International Students and pay the application fee online after his/her application is verified.
The comprehensive assessment is generally based on interviews. The specific content, format, requirements, and time arrangements are determined by IMEM Program and will be notified to applicants who enter the comprehensive assessment.
Tsinghua University comprehensively considers the results of material review, comprehensive assessment, and other factors, selects the best candidates, and determines the admission list. A Certificate of Admission and the appendix will be issued by Tsinghua University after the final admission result is released. Prior to this, applicants may check their admission status via Tsinghua University Graduate Programs Application System for International Students.
5. Contact Information
IMEM Program, MEM Education Center, Tsinghua University
Contact person: Ms. Rui LU
Phone: +86-10- 62781994
Address: Room South 519B, Shunde Building, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, China